00. Where should users go if they have questions or queries about how the system works?
We recommend visiting the help and support section on your app user zone. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, fill in the form and send us your request. We will answer within 48 hours on weekdays. In case of inmediatly need, can call at apparkB customer service phone number 937065550.
01. Can I use apparkB to park as resident?
No. Currently, the application only allows parking in Blue and Green parking spaces, therefore parking payments for residents in their resident area are excluded due to the special conditions they have.
02. How can I change the credit card associated with the apparkB account?
You can change it from the application's configuration section as well as from your user zone on the AREA website.
03. Is possible to pay only for the exact parked minutes?
Yes. In fact, it is the only way. With the mobile payment you will always pay for the exact parked minutes.
04. Do I have to go to the parking meter to get a ticket?
Not now. You can get the digital ticket conveniently from your Smartphone device.
05. From where can I use the parking service?
It is very important to actívate the parking time next to your vehicle because otherwise your GPS could give you a position that does not match with your vehicle position and obtain an invalid ticket.
06. Which systems and channels can I use to purchase a parking ticket?
You can still get parking tickets using the traditional parking meter system or you can use your smartphone. Both systems will remain available.
07. Do I need to register to use the service?
Yes, registration is essential. Without a user account you will not be able to use the service.
08. Which ways are to register?
You can do it from your own smartphone before your first parking in which you want to use the application. Alternatively, and if you prefer, you can also register directly on our website by accessing from any computer.
09. Does the service also works for users with mobile phones from foreign operators?
Yes, you should not have any problems.
10. Can I use the app to park in Blue and Green parking spaces in other towns than Barcelona
No. At the momento the app apparkB is only available for the city of Barcelona.
11. Must I display a time ticket, identifier or other paper ticket into the car if I pay using the mobile app?
No, there is no need to worry about that. We receive the data of your digital ticket so you don't have to display any ticket in your vehicle.
12. Can I use a mobile phone to park several cars at a time?
No, the system is only designed to handle on valid ticket at any given time.
13. How do I register more than one car?
Just follow the instructions on the screen to register. You can add all your vehicles the first time you register if you like. That way, you don't have to remember to do it later.
14. Can I use different mobile phones to park my vehicle?
Yes. All you need to use apparkB app is a smartphone with the app installed on it and a user account to enter and start to use the app.
15. Can I buy a ticket when I already have a valid one for the same car in another zone?
No. You can only have one digital ticket open on your smartphone at any given time.
16. Does the system allows a valid ticket for a zone to be extended?
No. The purpose of Blue and Green parking spaces are to encourage rotation and to serve more users, so once you reach the máximum time limit allowed by the parking regulations (usually 2 hours) you will have to vacate the parking space.
17. Can I buy a ticket for more time than the limit permitted by the Ordinance?
No. The Ordinance does not allows this.
18. What should I do if the app shows that it has not found nearby places of the selected type?
Make sure that it is not an exclusive area for residents. We recommend check the vertical signal at the start of the Street section to verify type of parking space and its regulation Schedule.
19. How are charges paid by users?
Using the credit card you entered on your user page. Parking payments are made when you finish the operation voluntarily.
20. Are my credit card and bank details secure within the system?
Yes. Rest assured that all information is encrypted and our system complies with most strictly security standards.
21. What should I do if I do not agree with purchasing transacctions or with charges in my bank account or credit card to AREA?
We recommend go to the help and support section on your app user zone. If you cannot find the answer to your doubt, fill in the form and send us your request. We will answer within 48 hours on workin days.
22. Is there any limit to buying tickets using the app?
No, the number of times you want to use the apparkB is in your hands.
23. Could I receive a bill about my expenses?
You can view and download the extract from your app's user area. We do not send invoices to your address.
24. Does it has any cost to download and use the app for parking on Blue or Green parking spaces?
No, it is free in both cases. The app is enterely free to download and use. We always charge the tariff shown on the parking meter. Nothing more, nothing less.
25. Do I get a receipt when I pay for a parking ticket? Where can I view it? For how long?
Yes, you always receive a digital receipt of your parking operation. You can check your most recent receipts in the app or on your user zone of the AREA website for up to one year.
26. How do I appeal fines if I get my parking ticket using the app?
You have all the information that you need. You can't lose your tickets anymore like the paper ones. You will find everything on your private user page.
27. How do I log in to my personal AREA page on the website?
It's simple! Just log in with the details you used to create your app account, your email and your password.
28. What should I do if I change my car?
It's very easy. All you do is go to your user page where you can add and remove vehicles with a single click.
29. What happens when there is no mobile network available?
You will generally need a mobile network to use apparkB. Try to actívate your Wi-Fi and park then.
30. What do I do if there are discrepancies on the purchases in the extract of movements to Internet?
We recommend that once you are inside your user area, go to the help and support area. If this does not solve your doubt, there you will find a form to send us your request and we will answer you within a máximum period of 48 hours.
31. Can I buy a ticket outside of regulated parking service hours?
Yes. You can stat a parking operation outside of regulation hours and you will start paying after the payment schedule starts.
32. Can I cancel complaints from within the app?
Yes, but only those related with apparkB service. Is very easy. Click on the corresponding icon and cancel the complaint in seconds.
33. I can't remember where I parked. Can the app help me to find my car?
Yes, simply click on the vehicle icon and the app will bring up a map and automatically indicates where your vehicle is parked.
34. Can I configure the amount of warning time I get before my permitted parking time runs out?
Yes. Open apparkB on your Smartphone and go to the Configuration/Settings icon. There you can set your preferred warning time alarm.
35. What will AREA zone traffic wardens do when they see there is no ticket in the vehicle? Will I get a fine?
There is no need to worry! Wardens carry a mobile device that lets them check in real time whether you have a digital ticket for your vehicle.
36. Where and how can I see the details of all my transactions?
You can find all the information you need on your personal page of the website, under the Transactions menu. You can also view it on your Smartphone in the Transactions history.
37. How can I get the tariff more quickly?
It can take up to 60 seconds to get a valid position, depending on the geolocation setup of your mobile. To speed this up, we recommend enabling GPS location, enabling network location and turning on Wi-Fi communication.
38. How will I see in the bank statement the payment charge for parking operation made with apparkB?
Depending on your bank and type of credit card that you use for the payment, It will appears in two ways:
1.- You can see in the bank statement a single charge for the exact amount of time parked.
2.- You can see a charge for the máximum time of stay allowed in the área where you have parked (prepaid carried out by your bank) and then, a credit line discounting the amount for the time not used.