01. Who can apply for an AREA resident Card?
AREA resident card can be requested by any person owning one or more vehicles and who is registered as residing in one of the established residential zones.
02. What documents do I need to present to apply for an AREA Card?
Your ID card, or your passport and the vehicle registration
03. Can I apply for a duplicate AREA Card?
Yes. Residents can apply for as many additional cards as they like —for € 5 in the section Procedures/Card duplicate application of the website.
04. How do I apply for a duplicate 0f AREA Card?
By accessing the section Procedures
By going to the AREA Customer Office in person:
Carrer Calàbria,66, ground floor 08015 - Barcelona.
It is open week days from Monday to Friday, between 08h00 and 20h00.
05. Where can I apply for an AREA card?
By accessing the section Procedures
By calling 010
At the AREA Customer Office
C. Calàbria, 66, ground floor. It is open week days from Monday to Friday, between 08h and 20h.
06. What do I use my AREA resident card for?
It is essential in order to obtain a ticket identifying you as a resident of the zone and showing the license plate number and resident’s zone.
07. Can I get a 0 tariff ticket for more than one vehicle at the same time?
Yes. Residents can now obtain as many 0 tariff tickets as they have vehicles registered in their name.
08. Can I get a duplicate pf my ticket obtained from parking meter?
No, you can't get a duplicate of your ticket obtained from parking meter.
09. May I display a ticket in a car if its license plate number is not the same as the one printed on the ticket?
No, you may not. The licence plate number printed on the ticket must match the vehicle licence plate.
10. How can I perform the anticipated payment?
To access the anticipated payment, there are two options: through ONaparcar residents application or through parking meter.
Through the free aplicacion ONaparcar residents you can choose to pay in advance from one day up to one year.
Through the parking meter you can choose to pay in advance for up to 20 business days.
11. When can I perform the anticipated payment?
When you need it, either from the free application ONaparcar residents or from the parking meter.
12. What are the tariffs for 2018?
If you are a resident that qualifies for the 0€ rate, you do not need to pay, but you will always need to get a parking ticket. For all other residents, the tariff is 0,20€/day, except for the month of August for which the tariff is free.
13. My AREA card has been lost or stolen. What should I do?
You can order a duplicate for € 5 by accessing the section Procedures at our website.
14. My AREA resident card does not work. What should I do?
You should have it checked at AREA Customer Office (Calàbria, 66, ground floor 08015 - Barcelona). If it does not work, we will supply you with a free duplicate.
You can also apply for a duplicate for € 5 by accessing the section Procedures at our website, if you prefer.
15. Does the subsidy card still work?
No. Your Àrea Verda card automatically calculates the tariff you are qualified for.
16. Does a ticket allow me to park for any time in the same space without moving the vehicle?
No. The Bylaw does not allow parking vehicles for over 7 days in a row in the same parking space.
17. I used to receive a new sticker at my address every year. Will I also receive a new AREA resident card every year?
No. The card does not expire as long as you maintain your AREA resident rigths. You do not need to renew the card every year.
18. I have a new vehicle and want to park in my zone of residence. What should I do?
You must inform us of your new Vehicle details, you can do this at the Barcelona City Council virtual office, calling 010 or attending AREA Customer Office in person.
19. I am a resident in an only-resident zone. As I do not have a parking sticker, what if I park my vehicle on a Saturday, Sunday or a holiday without a parking ticket? Will I get a penalty charge?
You will not receive a penalty charge if you are an authorised resident and have an Àrea Verda card. The wardens have the means to verify that your car belongs to an authorised resident.
20. I am an authorised resident. How can I check what tariff I should pay?
You can check your tariff by accessing the section View tariffs at our website. You can also check your tariff by inserting your AREA car in parking meters. If you qualify for the free rate, “tarifa 0” will be displayed. Otherwise, you must pay the 0.20€/day rate.
21. I am a resident and I am being charged the € 0.20/day rate. What should I do?
You can file a complaint in the section Complaints and suggestions at our website, at the Barcelona City Council virtual office or calling 010.
22. I have changed my registered address inside the AREA and need to park in a new zone. What should I do?
You must inform us of your new address; you can do this at the Barcelona City Council virtual office, calling 010 or attending the AREA Customer Office in person.
23. I own a trade business located in a different zona from my residence zone. Can I change my AREA zone assigned from one to the other?
If you are the owner of a trade business located in an AREA zone different to your residence zone, you can choose to change the AREA zone assigned to which the address of your trade address corresponds. With the change, you will renounce the resident rights of your zone of residence, which will go to the zone of your trade business only from Monday to Friday. Only one change per resident and trade will be accepted.
24. What documentation is needed to request the change of zona of AREA assigned to my trade business?
Census declaration to the State Agency of Tax Administration, certification of registration in the census of businessmen, professionals and retainers of the AEAT or the last receipt of public Price of comercial and industrial waste. You must also present a photograph of the facade of the store that proves that it is on the street. For more information see Fiscal Ordinance 3.12, Art. 7, section 4.7