Expansion of the regulated parking in the Districts of Nou Barris and Sant Andreu
As of August 3, signalling work will begin for the implementation of the expansion of the regulated parking of the Districts of Nou Barris and Sant Andreu. These actions will take place in the AREA residents' area called Zone 26 and are a response to the suggestions made by the residents through the different channels and the request made by the Districts of Nou Barris and Sant Andreu themselves.
Expansion of Zone 26
This action will regulate parking on the roadway between Carrer de la Riera d'Horta, Carrer d'Arnau d'Oms, Passeig de Fabra i Puig and Avinguda Meridiana, so that residents will have priority when parking and will become part of Zone 26.
The places that are regulated with this extension are Green places and are identified with green paint. This means that, in order to give priority to residents' parking, the vehicles of non-residents in Zone 26 may only be parked for a maximum of 2 hours within the regulation hours indicated by the corresponding vertical sign.
Transfer from Zone 22 to Zone 26
In the case of the residents of the area between carrer de Concepció Arenal, avinguda Meridiana and carrer de Felip II, which until now belonged to Zone 22, they will become part of Zone 26. In this case, residents with granted AREA resident parking rights will not need to make any management or modification since the change of zone will automatically apply to their AREA resident parking rights.
Information for residents
All residents of this expansion who own a vehicle registered in their home will be able to enjoy the possibility of parking as a Zone 26 resident. Thus, as of the second half of August, residents of streets that are incorporated into the regulated parking system will receive at their homes an information letter about their resident zone and an information brochure about the use of the parking lot as residents.
Getting the tickets
To obtain on-street parking tickets as a resident, it is recommended that users use the free mobile application ONaparcar residents. With this application you can obtain tickets from one day and, at most, until the end of the year. As it is a digital ticket, it can be checked safely and in real time by the warden's device and, therefore, it is not necessary to use a parking meter or to place any paper ticket in the vehicle. However, if necessary, you can print a receipt for the payment made.
The planned implementation schedule is as follows:
- 08/03 – 08/11: Vertical pre-signalling on the street indicating the dates when it will not be possible to park to carry out the signalling work on each street.
- 08/03 - 08/10: Substitution of the vertical signalling of regulation of the streets that change from Zone 22 to Zone 26.
- 08/12 – 08/25: Horizontal signalling (painting of squares on the road), vertical signalling (installation of vertical regulation signs) and installation of parking meters, according to dates established for each street.
- 07/27 – 08/02: Postal delivery of the information letters to the neighbors included within the change of Zone 22 to Zone 26.
- 08/17 – 08/21: Postal delivery of the information letters to the neighbors included within the expansion of Zone 26.
- 09/30: Activation of the new places to the extended zone of Zone 26.
For further information: